Is it just me or does the weather lately suck? Unless you’re living somewhere that’s still extremely cold, or you’re waaaay south, chances are the weather right now is fluctuating between winter and spring. Can you say bipolar? Personally, this kind of weather makes dressing a hassle. Luckily for you, I’m sharing my secret weapon: vests. A vest is exactly what you need when the weather changes from warm and sunny, to cold and rainy. Hello, North Carolina weather!
Why You Need a Vest
The great thing about vests is that they keep your upper body just warm enough when there’s still a chill, but you don’t need a full jacket. Another plus? You can where them in the morning while it’s still cold, then take them off in the afternoon when the weather warm ups. Gotta love layers! For me this is so necessary. I start class around 9:30 and it’s always cold, especially on that 15 minute walk from my car to the classroom. Then when I’m done for the day after noon, I’m always sweating. Moral of the story: vests are a game changer.
For this outfit I went with a faux fur vest I got for Christmas and have been waiting to show you guys. Unfortunately it’s sold out now, but there are still so many faux fur options out there. Another one of my go-to vests is a lightly quilted puffer from J. Crew. There are so many options for vests that you can’t go wrong! Shop some of my favorites below:
Although this post is all about the vest, I need to take a minute and talk to you guys about my Michael Kors Access smartwatch. I am in love. Any notification I receive on my phone comes through my watch — handy for when I have my phone in my purse. It also tracks my steps, has a timer/stopwatch, and even tracks my workouts. The watch can do even more, I just haven’t even made it that far yet. Anyway, I highly recommend this watch for anybody in the market for a smartwatch.
What’s your go-to outfit when it’s not quite winter, but not quite spring yet? Share it in the comments below!
Happy Monday! I hope those of you lucky enough to have off work or school are enjoying it. Not only did I still have classes, but it is once again raining in Elon, NC and cold too. Anyway, President’s Day is the perfect day for shopping the sales. Today I’m sharing the best sales and some of my picks from each store! Just click on the images below to go straight to the products.
Now through February 25th, Nordstrom is having a winter sale. Take 40% their winter collection. This is the perfect chance to buy all of those sweaters or booties you skipped out on this season, while the weather is still chilly. Or even better, buy yourself that handbag you’ve been eyeing, with a significantly lower price point.
Today Asos is offering up to 70% off on their last chance to buy items. If you’re looking for a new pair of jeans or to stock up on some spring pieces, I would definitely check out this sale! I’m especially loving their spring shoes that are on sale. Can you say espadrille season?
Express is giving 40% EVERYTHING! The best part is that the sale is both online and in most stores. Be sure to grab some spring essentials. I’m loving all of their dresses for spring, especially that short sleeve wrap dress. This is definitely a dress to grab this season; it’s been making the rounds on my Instagram feed lately and you can get it for around $40 — a steal!
Take 20% off on orders of $100+ and get free shipping. This is for their sale items as well as their new arrivals. Be sure to take advantage! I’m loving their basic pieces, liked striped tees and denim jackets; the perfect items to pick up on sale!
Happy Friday lovely readers! TGIF am I right?! I don’t normally post on Fridays, but I thought with Valentine’s Day approaching fast, we all needed a little pink and red inspo. Whether you’re spending the day with friends or an SO, I’ve picked out 12 dresses that should work for any occasion, at a variety of price points. Click on the images above to take you directly to the site. Happy shopping!
Welcome back everyone! Sorry for not posting last week but unfortunately I was sick with the flu and it was my first week of classes for the spring semester, so everything was a little crazy!
But this week I’m back with these pants I found on major sale from Anthropologie! They were originally $160 but you can get them now for just $50! The only downside is that they’re running out of sizes fast. If you can’t get your hands on them, Anthropologie also has a pair of cute studded flare jeans, although these aren’t on sale.
I decided to pair my jeans with a white off the shoulder sweater and my white booties. I kept the color palette simple so that the jeans would stand out.
Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Hi everyone! I’m going to keep this week’s post short and sweet. I just got this bell sleeve tee from Free People and I am in love! It feels like I’m wearing a t-shirt, but the sleeves give it an extra oomph.
I decided to pair the top with a denim skirt (my go-to) and my pink Adidas to keep with the casual vibe. If you go to school somewhere warm like me, this would be the perfect outfit to wear to class. It’s also a great off-duty, weekend look.
You may have also noticed my new watch. I got a Michael Kors smart watch for my birthday, and while I’m still figuring it out, I’m already loving it! I mainly wanted something like a fitbit but that actually looked stylish, so this was the perfect fit for me.
Thanks for reading and be sure to come back next week!
Fashion Week 2017 got us excited for all of the new trends we would be seeing by the time spring rolls around, but my favorite trend by far is modern romance. From dainty prints, pastel colors, ruffles, to sheer fabrics, I for one can’t wait for the weather to warm up. In anticipation of shedding our winter gear and opting for lighter fabrics and shorter hemlines, here are a few pieces I’m absolutely loving for this season.
- Button down. How cute is the chihuahua print on this shirt?! It’s definitely not something I would imagine to be on shirt, but for some reason it just works. I’ve mentioned before on the blog how much I love button downs and this one is no different. It’s perfect for spring with the dainty (and adorable) print and light blue color.
- Tie front dress. Polka dots are going to be everywhere this season! Transition into warmer weather with this long sleeve, but lightweight dress. I love that the polka dot print isn’t as overwhelming as some of the other polka dot pieces I’ve been seeing lately.
- Basket bag. If you loved the basket bag trend over the summer, fear not. This is one trend that isn’t going anywhere. I love this particular bag because while it is on trend, it’s also functional and not over the top making it perfect for every day use.
- Pink skirt. If you follow the blog regularly then you know how much I love A-line skirts. Surprisingly enough, I don’t own a pink one yet. But, I think it’s the perfect piece to add to my spring wardrobe.
- Kitten heels. This heel style took over this past season and is making it’s way into spring. I’m loving this pair of kitten heels because it effortlessly meshes a delicate style with edgier details. I think these would look darling paired with a sundress.
- Floral dress. As soon as I added this dress to my list, all I could hear in my head was Meryl Streep’s line, “Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking.” But, in all honesty, florals for spring are a classic and are never not in style. I love this particular dress because it really plays up the modern romance trend — pastel colors, delicate prints, and ruffles, ruffles, ruffles!
I hope this list inspired you to get started on your spring aesthetic. Comment below with your favorite trend for this season!
You probably weren’t expecting a post today, but I thought it would be fun to include a little getting to know me post since I turn 21 today! Keep reading for some random tidbits about me:
- I live in Baltimore, MD but go to school at Elon University in North Carolina.
- I’m majoring in strategic communication (public relations) and English literature.
- I LOOOVE to read. I read books on my phone and I read all the time to the point where my friends will yell at me if I’m reading while we’re out.
- I can’t live without my green tea lemonade from Starbucks. It’s literally the best drink ever!
- My favorite color is pink, but I don’t wear it that often.
- I want to move to a big city when I graduate. I’ve always loved Paris and New York, but after spending a semester in London, the city has my heart.
- I’m only 5 feet tall. You can probably tell I’m short in pictures, but my height usually surprises people.
- I’ve always loved fashion and dressing up, but growing up I was a bit tomboyish (that happens when your best friend is a boy).
- Even though I’m loving London right now, I’ve always been obsessed with Paris and all things French.
- On that note… I really want a french bulldog. I’ve always been a big dog kind of person, but ever since I read a book about an old woman with french bulldogs I’ve wanted one of my own.
- I’m in Alpha Omicron Pi at my university.
- I have a pretty big sweet tooth, especially when it comes to chocolate.
- I took dance lessons in ballet, tap, and jazz for 13 years. I actually really wished it was something I kept up in college because I miss dancing so much.
- In high school my senior superlative was “least changed.” (I actually tied for that with another girl, I guess we look the same as we did in middle school?)
- I went to an all girls high school and made some of my best friends there.
- The school ring from my high school never leaves my finger. If I’m not wearing it, it ruins my whole day.
- I hate driving. If I could be chauffeured every day I would take it in a heart beat!
- I’m obsessed with lipstick! I have anywhere from 3-10 lip products in my purse at all times!
- I get asked if I’m Italian a lot because of my darker features, but I actually have Greek ancestry on my mom’s side of the family.
- I wear Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet perfume almost every day. I’ve been calling it my “signature scent” since I was 17. I’m starting to get bored of it though and have been looking for a new scent.
- My dream is to travel. I’ve visited a few countries in Europe (plus Canada) and can’t wait to add more to my list!
Thanks for reading!