My favorite season when it Â comes to fashion and shopping is definitely spring. It’s a time for bright colors and the latest trends. Winter layers are shed for lighter materials and textures. Shopping for spring is always a ton of fun! With that being said, here are the latest trends for spring:
- Off the shoulder tops. These tops are everywhere! In fact, this trend can even be transferred to dresses too. I’m a fan of this trend because it is so versatile. There are so many different options with this style from dresses, tops and rompers! I recently picked up this dress in New York the other day and cannot wait to wear it! A few other cute options can be found here, here and here.
- Flatforms. To be honest, any type of espadrille shoe will do this season, but flatforms are one style that just keeps popping up. In the photos above, I’m wearing a pair from Michael Kors. I love this shoe style because it is so comfortable and easy to walk in, but gives you a little height (which I definitely need!). I also like this pair and this pair.
- Mules. This is the other shoe style featured in the photos above. While this is not a new trend (check your mom or grandmother’s closet for a pair) it is definitely making a come back!Â The pair I’m wearing in the pictures are Steve Madden and although I couldn’t find them online, you can shop a similar pair here. I also like this cheaper pair (under $30!) from Lulu’s.
- Denim culottes. Culotte pants started appearing in the fall. Personally, I was afraid to try the trend thinking it was a little “out there” for me. Now I’m seeing the same style but in denim! I personally think that making culottes in denim gives them a younger, more casual feel that I cannot wait to try. I’m ordering this pair from Forever21, but I’ve also seen this style at Express and H&M.
- Bandanas. Forget spring scarves, the newest trend is bandanas tied around the neck! I’ve never been the biggest fan of the traditional bandana print, but the great thing about this trend is that it doesn’t have to be a traditional bandana. I like this silky bandana from Nordstrom andÂ practically every option from Free People.
These five pieces are key for staying on trend this spring. Wear them together or individually withÂ your wardrobe basics for an updated look!