Today I wanted to share with you all what’s in my bag. I think the things people choose to carry around with says a lot about that person (spoiler: my bag says I’m a lipstick junkie). I’m someone who likes small purses, so obviously that limits what I can and cannot carry around with me. So, here’s what’s in my bag:
- The bag itself. I got this purse for Christmas maybe two years ago? I’ve gotten new bags since then, but I always fall back on this one. You can’t go wrong with a black bag, and I like the design of this option too. Usually, Michael Kors bags are made with saffiano leather, which looks nice, but makes the bag even heavier. This bag is made with a much smoother, lighter leather which I love. I’m also a fan of crossbody bags in general. Although I don’t actually where them across my body (I prefer just on one shoulder), I like to stay hands free with my bags. Like I said, this bag is at least two years old, but I’ve linked a similar version here. The design is the same, but it is made of the saffiano leather I mentioned before.
- Wallet. Also, from Michael Kors, I really love this wallet. I choose the neutral snakeskin pattern because it goes with a lot of my other bags when I want to with out. Like I said before, I typically go for smaller bags, so I need a smaller wallet. I like this one because while it is small, I can fit a lot in it (although it takes some shoving on my part). Again, I couldn’t find my wallet online (even though I only got it back in the spring), so here is a similar option.
- Sunglasses. Ok, I seem to be having a Michael Kors theme going on, but I seriously love these glasses. They shape is just a touch trendy which I love, but not too over the top to be classic. I almost always have sunglasses when I leave my apartment; I literally cannot drive without them. I read once that blue eyes tend to be more sensitive to the sun, so maybe that’s my problem, but sunglasses are essential.
- Microfiber cloth.This usually comes with sunglasses when you buy them, but if you don’t have one I provided a link to some that you can buy from Amazon. Not only are these great for cleaning my sunglasses, but I also use my cloth to clean my phone as well.
- Nail polish. This is sort of random to have in my bag, but the nail polish has been in there for months when I took it with me to get a pedicure. But, who knows? Maybe I’ll have a time when I’m not home and I really want to paint my nails?
- Lipstick. As you can see, I actually have three different lipsticks in my purse from NARS. The first that I linked is my newest lipstick in Bette. I love the deep bordeaux color of this lipstick, it’s so perfect for fall. I also have Charlotte, which is a nice burgundy color I bought last fall, and Lana, a super bright orangey-red I got over the summer.
- Lip balm. Obviously I have an obsession with lip products. But, I think lip balm is essential. I really like this version from Burt’s Bees because it’s slightly tinted to give my lips a little color, and just really hydrates them when I need it.
- Hair supplies. Unless I specifically style my hair, I never really know what it’s going to do. Also, sometimes you just need to tie your hair back. The first item I linked is for the hair ties I use. I need to slightly thicker hair ties for my hair to actually stay up, but I just use regular ones from Target. I also cannot live without my hair clips. I use them all the time, and they’re constantly going missing, so I usually have one or two in bag for emergencies or as a back up when I can’t find them anywhere else. Last but not least, bobby pins. I actually don’t even use bobby pins that often because they don’t do that much for me. But, every now and then they come in handy. I like that the ones I bought came in case so I don’t lose them or have bobby pins all over the place.
- Keys. This is pretty self explanatory. Although, to be honest, I don’t know what all of the keys on my key ring are for… Also, gotta have that gym membership card on your key ring!
Thanks for reading! Hope everyone has a happy Monday!