First, I’d like to apologize for posting a day late. With Christmas and what not, I didn’t have a chance to get a post together by Monday, but I hope you like what I have today!
So today I’m featuring two of my Christmas presents that I’m absolutely in love with. The first is my turtleneck from H&M. I love the slouchy look to it, I didn’t have anything like this. I think the reason it is slouchy though is because it’s a size bigger than I normally wear, but I love the way this look came out because of it. I’m also really in to cable knit sweaters and turtlenecks, so this was completely perfect!
The other present I got is my GORGEOUS boots. I already have two pairs of black OTK boots, so I’ve been wanting a brown pair for awhile. The color of these boots is just so pretty and the reason I wanted these specifically. I think cognac is definitely the brown color of the moment. I’m also really excited because these boots are so easy to walk in, so I’ll be taking them with me on my upcoming trip to Italy (I leave the third of January!!!).
Today actually turned out to be in the 60s (it was super weird), so I had to take off the jeans I was wearing. I ended up liking this outfit with my denim skirt better anyway. There’s just something I really love about OTK boots paired with mini skirts. I also really like the way that only the bottom of the skirt peeks out from my oversized sweater. I wore this outfit to go shopping with a friend today, and it was so cozy and casual enough for a day at the mall.
Thanks again for stopping by. If you don’t already, be sure to follow on instagram and bloglovin!
The white button down shirt. This is a complete wardrobe essential. It’s so easy to throw on and can be styled year round. However, I feel like this staple is often overlooked. What I really love about a white button down shirt is that it instantly transforms any outfit and just makes you look put together. Here I styled my white button down shirt but tucking it into some skinny jeans and throwing on my OTK boots and a long puffer jacket. It’s so freezing in Baltimore right now (I’m home for Christmas break!!) I think I’d die without my puffer coat. I really love the neutral color of this one because it goes with literally anything. Anyway, back to button down shirts. As I was saying, this is really the perfect shirt and can be worn for a variety of occasions and in different ways. Keep reading for different ways on how to style this shirt.
For a quick and easy Sunday brunch, pair your white button down with some boyfriend jeans and your go-to sneakers (I’m and adidas kind of gal). For this look, I would tuck just the front into your jeans and leave the back alone. Finish the overall look with a messy bun/ponytail and a wristlet for a low maintenance outfit.
For a night out, tuck your button down into a pair of dark skinny jeans and pair the look with some strappy heels. Black heels are always an option, but since this look is so low-key, don’t be afraid to pull out those wow-factor heels you never have a chance to wear.
As a college student, internships are the name of the game. White button down shirts are classic work attire and would look so cute paired with a pencil skirt or some cigarette pants. Throw on a blazer, grab your pumps, and you are ready to go.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Follow me on bloglovin or instagram to be the first to know when new content is up!
Finding gifts for your best girl friends can be so much fun, but it can also be difficult to find that perfect gift, especially if you’re working on a budget. Every year my friends and I have a secret santa gift exchange (we use Elfster!) and this year our price limit is $20 (can you say broke college student?). With that in mind, I though I’d share some items I found that I put on my own wishlist and some others that I just love. The best part is that they’re all under $25 and most of them aren’t even $20!
- Face Masks. I’ve personally tried some of these sheet masks from Urban Outfitters and they’re so great! I can’t say for sure that they did what they said they would, because I’ve only used each different kind once, but they did really moisturize my face. The best part is that they’re only $3, but you can get 4 for $10.
- Korres Body Wash. I’ve used Korres body wash in the past and it is my absolute fave. I really love the Bergamot Pear scent, but I’m pretty sure it’s been discontinued. But, the brand has a new one called White Tea Bergamot Freesia, that I’m definitely going to have to try.
- Bite Lipstick Duo. In the past I’ve tried a Bite lipstick duo and they’re honestly so great. Even though they’re small, you get a good amount of lipstick for the price. What I love about this one is that you apply one color first, and then there’s a shimmery color that goes over it. I’m definitely going to get one for myself, but I can’t decide which color combo; I want all four!
- Glow on the Go Set. I am a HUUGE fan of highlighter. Although I haven’t tried this particular one, I’ve heard great things about the brand, and 2 different highlighters for $20 is a pretty good deal.
- Beanie. For all your beanie loving friends, this is the perfect gift. Who doesn’t love a furry pom pom?
- Kate Spade Thermal Mug. How cute is this owl print thermal mug? This gift is perfect for that coffee loving friend who’s always on the go.
- BaubleBar Earrings. Who doesn’t love BaubleBar earrings? I saw that this pair was on sale and Nordstrom and just had to include it in my gift guide. These would make a perfect addition to any holiday party look!
- Monogram Mug. This is the perfect gift for the friend who monograms everything (and even for the friends who don’t). I actually received one of these mugs a few years ago (they must be popular to still be around), but I’m pretty sure mine was stolen at college last year :/ Anyway, they’re so cute and have that nice personalized touch you can’t go wrong with.
- Tarteist Pro To Go Palette. I’m kind of obsessed with makeup palettes, I never buy eyeshadow loose. I was browsing the gift section on sephora and saw this palette and I can’t help but think that this is the perfect holiday makeup palette. The colors are pretty neutral, but shimmery and fun for party season.
- Gourmand Perfume. Gourmand is a line that I keep seeing at Urban Outfitters that sells perfume, candles, lip balms, and more all in their 7 different scents. I really love the macaron rose scent, and although nothing could make me give up my Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet perfume, this is a scent I wouldn’t mind every now and then.
Hope you liked my gift guide and remember, only 13 more days until Christmas! If you liked my post, don’t be afraid to give me a follow!
For the past year or so, I feel like I’ve been doing an overhaul of my wardrobe and really trying to build it back up with the basics. Of course that doesn’t mean I don’t buy fun pieces to add to my closet, but I just wanted to share with you today some essentials for the winter wardrobe that I personally think are essential.
- White t-shirt: as many of you may know, I think a plain white t-shirt is a must-have in any closet. Although this isn’t strictly a winter staple, I can’t stress enough how classic this is. I like the v-neck option from Madewell, but I’m also liking this one from Nordstrom and this one from H&M.
- Black turtleneck: I feel like I wear my black turtleneck on repeat when it starts getting colder. I bought a cute version from Topshop last year and it is probably the best purchase I made. They can be styled so many different ways. I usually just tuck mine into a pair of highwaisted jeans or a button down skirt, but I’m really liking the black turtleneck worn under a dress look (watch out for that on the blog soon).
- Neutral sweater: the easiest thing to throw on in the winter is an understated, neutral sweater. I’ve been building up my neutral sweater collection with a white version, a black one, and a gray one (also a blush colored one if you count that as neutral). Next up on my list is a camel colored sweater like this.
- Dark wash jeans: if there’s one pair of jeans I can’t live without, it would be dark wash skinny jeans (I also prefer them highwaisted, but that’s just me). They’re great because you can dress them down, but the dark color let’s you dress them up too.
- Black leggings: if you read last week’s post, you heard me rave about my new Zella leggings. And again, I can’t get enough of them! Leggings are the perfect winter option, especially when worn with cozy sweaters. They look so chic, but they’re so comfy; it doesn’t get better than that.
- Faux leather leggings: I also recently talked about my love for faux leather leggings. These are for the days when regular leggings aren’t cutting it and you want to amp up your look. They can be dressed down with a simple sweater, but they’re also perfect for going out.
- LBD: Little black dresses have been a staple since the 1920s with Coco Chanel. Fast forward close to 100 years, they haven’t gone away. With that said, if you don’t own and LBD, BUY ONE NOW! I’ve actually had my any occasion LBD since I was a freshman in high school (I’m now a sophomore in college). And truthfully, it was pretty cheap, I bought it at Forever21. The reason it’s lasted so long is because I had it tailored to fit me. If there’s one thing you should tailor, I recommend a dress that you know will get a lot of use. Another key part of buying an LBD is to pick a timeless shape. An LBD really is the all-purpose staple that I can rely on. And with holiday parties around the corner, you can’t go wrong with a chic little black dress.
- Sweater Dress: I personally love sweater dresses. It’s basically just an oversized sweater and that right there is a win for me. I just bought a new one at Express (40% off!) and I’m completely in love! I wore mine for Thanksgiving, and I have a feeling it’s going to get a lot more use this winter.
- Booties: I wear booties practically every day. They literally go with almost anything I put on. I mostly wear my black booties since a lot of my wardrobe is black, but I also think my brown booties are just as essential. And for when I want to switch it up, I have a cute pair of gray wedged booties too.
- Over the knee boots: a few years ago, I probably would have used this section for mid-calf height boots, but now I feel like they’re a lot less necessary. I do have them, but I always reach for my OTK boots instead. I currently have a pair in black, but I’m hoping to add a brown pair soon!
- Heels: winter is usually the time for dressing up, especially with holiday functions. To add the perfect pair of heels to your wardrobe, I would stick with either black or nude. Since we’re building up the basics, a black or nude heel will go with almost anything.
- Pea coat: the one coat I couldn’t live without is a pea coat, specifically a camel colored one. This coat will keep you warm, but is still sophisticated enough for almost any event.
- Puffer coat: this is for the days when it’s absolutely freezing. I never really though I needed one until last winter as I was walking across campus in the freezing cold (it wasn’t that cold, I go to college in North Carolina). Anyway, for those of you who have to do a little more walking then from the house to the car in the winter, I highly recommend you add this to your closet.
Anyway, these are the basics of my winter wardrobe. I tried to show options at a variety of price points, but like I said these are basics, so you can find most of them pretty much anywhere! Hope you liked this post and please come back again next Monday!