DressÂ (in pink) // Mules (similar) // Bag (similar) // Bracelets // Necklace // Watch (similar) // Lipstick in “Juliette”
Every year my friend Emma and I make it a priority to go to a tea room. We spend the late morning/early afternoon enjoying tea, scones, and conversation. However, I would argue that, aside from the scones and lemon curd, our favorite part about our annual excursion is dressing for it.
Somehow each year around the time we make plans for tea, we both manage to score a brand new dress that is justÂ perfectÂ for the occasion. This year, we both ended up in blue wrap dresses paired with mules. We didn’t actually plan to coordinate, but I think our sartorial choices say a little something about this summer’s fashion â€” when in doubt, wear a wrap dress.
By no means a revolutionary silhouette â€” we all know the classic Diane von Furstenberg favorites â€” the wrap dress is a timeless style that works for almost any occasion. But this summer they are definitely having a moment, especially when paired with ruffles, floral prints, and pastel colors.
The dress I’m wearing above is one I recently found on a sale rack at Nordstrom, so I wasn’t surprised that I couldn’t find it online. It also came in a pale pink color (linked above) that is still sold at Francesca’s. In honor of this summer’s hottest silhouette, I’m linking a few personal favorites below, along with my friend Emma’s dress that she wore to tea:
- Emma wore this one in blue, but I’m also loving the yellow floral version too!
- This Topshop version has been at the top of my list for awhile now.
- Loving this wrap dress in coral for a summer vacation.
- If you prefer a simpler style, you can’t go wrong with this black one.
- This version is similar to mine above with a floral pattern, ruffles, and cold shoulder detail.
- This polka dotted wrap dress is under $25!
- If you prefer a longer style, try this floral midi length dress!
Honestly, I could go on and on with my list of wrap dresses because there are so many options right now at every price point. I’m finding that a lot of online retailers even have a wrap dress filter, to help your browsing experience.
Thanks for stopping by and happy Wednesday!