Happy Wednesday! Sorry for the delay, but I was trying to schedule this to post at the airport and it didn’t work… But anyway I’m posting this from London where I’ve been for a few hours!! I’m so excited to share my semester abroad with you all, but in the meantime here is this week’s look…
I literally just bought this top from Express the day before I shot this outfit. I’m usually not an all-over lace kind of person, but for some reason this top called to me. I’m loving the ruffle detail, as well as the sheer lace back. But what I really love about this top is the color! This rusty rose color is perfect for late summer into fall.
I paired my new top with my white jeans and Tory Burch sandals, but as the weather starts to cool it’ll look cute with a darker pair of jeans and cardigan.
One last note: I am so obsessed with the MAC lipstick I’m wearing. The shade just looks so natural, but adds a little something-something.
I hope everyone liked this post, and if so leave a comment/give me a follow! Just a heads up again, I’m not sure what my posting schedule is going to be like while I’m in London but definitely follow along on Instagram for more consistent content!
Hello lovely readers, welcome back! If this top seems familiar, then it’s because you may have seen my blog about it some time back in March. Buuuut… It’s been restocked at Nordstrom in not only this color, but black and white as well! When I last wrote about this top, I emphasized how perfect it is for transitioning between seasons. Right now I’m loving it because it still feels summery, but is made of a thicker material that makes it perfect for nighttime (and when it starts to cool off).
I paired the top with a denim skirt, as per usual. I chose my white mini because I think it complements the pastel color of the top, plus my regular blue denim skirt may have faded into the blue shirt.
From this outfit what I’m most excited about is my new Steve Madden slides! I’m absolutely obsessed with these because they look a lot like the Gucci slides, but cost $80 instead of $700. They’re incredibly comfortable, but if you get them definitely size up. I’m usually a 6 so I ordered them in 6.5, but honestly I think a 7 might have been better.
If you follow me on instagram you may have gotten the first look at my new haircut, as well as a closer version of the lipstick I’m wearing. I went to the MAC store and asked one of the women there to pick me out a light, nude color lipstick and I’m in love with what she picked! It’s definitely something you can wear everyday without feeling like you’re over doing it.
Thanks for reading and I hope you like this week’s post! Just as a heads up, my posting while abroad (the next four months) might be a little sporadic, but I’m hoping I’ll be able to post at least every other week if not every week.
Is anyone else just obsessed with paper products? I’m talking about notebooks, stationery, planners, etc. I can’t help popping in to stores likes Papyrus and the home goods section of Anthropologie.
So when Thimblepress contacted me about collaborating I was immediately excited! With school about to start soon (I am so ready for you London!!), I knew it was time to start thinking about some supplies. Thimblepress was kind enough to send me their Day Dreamer Planner and Don’t Forget Notepad.
What I love about the planner is that it not only has a to-do list section, there is also room for miscellaneous notes to myself, as well as a separate section for a shopping list! My problem with a lot of planners is that I usually only have enough room to write down class assignments, but I can never fit in extracurriculars and other random things I need to do. I will definitely be taking this planner (as well as the notepad) with me to London to help me stay on top of classes and my internship!
On to the outfit portion of today’s post: I can’t get enough of this silky top I got from the Nordstrom sale. The color is so flattering and works as well right now as it will in the fall/winter. It’s something else that will be in my suitcase for London.
I paired the top with my go-to denim skirt and my slippers that you may have noticed on repeat since I got them. I can’t stress enough how comfy they are, and they work with so many pieces in my closet.
To top the outfit off, I added these fun drop hoop type earrings, and believe it or not, but I spent less than $5 on them at Forever21 *cue shocked face emoji*! By far the best $5 I’ve ever spent. I also added my new MAC lipstick, which is shockingly the first one I’ve owned. I now know why everyone swears by these lipsticks, they last so well and don’t dry my lips out.
Thanks for stopping by and give me a follow on Instagram or Bloglovin’!
When I think of summer clothing, my mind immediately jumps to denim cutoffs, dresses, skirts, etc. I usually leave pants off of the list. However, pants are the perfect summer piece to elevate a look, while still maintaining that breezy vacation vibe.
My first tip for wearing pants in the summer is to check out the fabric. You don’t want to go for a heavy denim, but rather a light linen like my pants above, or maybe even a silky option, like this pair.
Another rule to follow is opt for a wide leg pant. Not only is it less restrictive (therefore less hot), but it again fits in with the breezy summer vibe we’re going for. I went with a culotte version (it keeps from swallowing my frame), but full length is also an option.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to give me a follow on bloglovin’ and instagram!
P.S. If you really love the pants I’m wearing, although they sold out at H&M, I did a google search for them and they are available on eBay!
Hi everyone, welcome back! I’m not sure if I’ve shared this yet or not, but my upcoming fall semester will be spent studying abroad in LONDON! While I’m not ready for summer to be over, I can’t wait until I’m in London either and that has me thinking about fall clothes. So, I thought I’d share with you some items that are inspiring my fall wardrobe:
- Steve Madden Slides. Good news — slides are back and better than ever. And thank god for that, because they are the comfiest shoes. I tried on these Steve Madden slides at Nordstrom and they are definitely on my list! They’re so cute on and look like the Gucci slides at a fraction of the cost.
- Topshop Booties. If you happened to see any of the SS17 fashion shows then you had to have noticed a trend: white booties! Personally, I am a huuuge fan of this trend and as soon as I found a pair online (these topshop booties) I had to have them. Watch out for them on the blog soon!
- Wayf Blouse. This blouse is part of the Nordstrom sale (which ends Aug. 6th) and it is absolutely gorgeous. If you’ve been following the blog for awhile, you know that I love button downs. I really love this version because the silky material looks so luxe, especially in that slate color.
- Topshop Blazer Dress. For the longest time, I’ve loved the look of blazer dresses. I think maybe because it is a dress that covers a lot, but still seems somewhat scandalous. Whatever the reason, it’s a look I love, but have never owned. Hopefully this Topshop dress makes its way into my closet soon.
- Topshop Corset Dress. Slowly, but surely, the corset trend is emerging. I have to admit, I instantly hated this trend. I thought corsets looked tacky and just gross. But, my mind was changed when I saw a pic of Kendall Jenner wearing a corset dress (or maybe just a corset over a dress?) in all white. While I’m still not a total advocate of this trend, I have to say that the combination of the corset (an edgy, sexy vibe) mixed with a delicate white just does it for me. Somehow this combination creates something entirely feminine and wearable.
- Topshop Kimono. Another trend I’ve never really gotten on board with is kimonos. However, I’m being swayed to the dark side with the newest take on kimonos — a sturdier, silky, mid-maxi length version. The sturdier material, as opposed to a light gauzy version you see in the summer, makes the look so much more luxurious. And the yellow color of the one above is perfect for late summer transitioning to fall.
- Lulus Skirt. Again if you’ve been following along, it’s no secret that I’m a skirt kind of gal. You’ve probably seen my denim skirts 5 million times on Instagram. I’m loving this skirt because of the fun grommet detail (in gold too!) that takes a simple black skirt from boring to something more.
That’s it for this week! And on a side note, this post was in no way sponsored by Topshop, I’m just really loving a lot of the brand’s clothes right now!