Hi everyone, welcome back! I’m not sure if I’ve shared this yet or not, but my upcoming fall semester will be spent studying abroad in LONDON! While I’m not ready for summer to be over, I can’t wait until I’m in London either and that has me thinking about fall clothes. So, I thought I’d share with you some items that are inspiring my fall wardrobe:
- Steve Madden Slides. Good news â€” slides are back and better than ever. And thank god for that, because they are the comfiest shoes. I tried on these Steve Madden slides at Nordstrom and they are definitely on my list! They’re so cute on and look like the Gucci slides at a fraction of the cost.
- Topshop Booties. If you happened to see any of the SS17 fashion shows then you had to have noticed a trend: white booties! Personally, I am a huuuge fan of this trend and as soon as I found a pair online (these topshop booties) I had to have them. Watch out for them on the blog soon!
- Wayf Blouse. This blouse is part of the Nordstrom sale (which ends Aug. 6th) and it is absolutely gorgeous. If you’ve been following the blog for awhile, you know that I love button downs. I really love this version because the silky material looks so luxe, especially in that slate color.
- Topshop Blazer Dress. For the longest time, I’ve loved the look of blazer dresses. I think maybe because it is a dress that covers a lot, but still seems somewhat scandalous. Whatever the reason, it’s a look I love, but have never owned. Hopefully this Topshop dress makes its way into my closet soon.
- Topshop Corset Dress. Slowly, but surely, the corset trend is emerging. I have to admit, I instantly hated this trend. I thought corsets looked tacky and just gross. But, my mind was changed when I saw a pic of Kendall Jenner wearing a corset dress (or maybe just a corset over a dress?) in all white. While I’m still not a total advocate of this trend, I have to say that the combination of the corset (an edgy, sexy vibe) mixed with a delicate white just does it for me. Somehow this combination creates something entirely feminine and wearable.
- Topshop Kimono. Another trend I’ve never really gotten on board with is kimonos. However, I’m being swayed to the dark side with the newest take on kimonos â€” a sturdier, silky, mid-maxi length version. The sturdier material, as opposed to a light gauzy version you see in the summer, makes the look so much more luxurious. And the yellow color of the one above is perfect for late summer transitioning to fall.
- Lulus Skirt. Again if you’ve been following along, it’s no secret that I’m a skirt kind of gal. You’ve probably seen my denim skirts 5 million times on Instagram. I’m loving this skirt because of the fun grommet detail (in gold too!) that takes a simple black skirt from boring to something more.
That’s it for this week! And on a side note, this post was in no way sponsored by Topshop, I’m just really loving a lot of the brand’s clothes right now!