I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t feel like it’s actually fall until October rolls around. As soon as this month hits, I am immediately ready for the changing leaves, pumpkin spice everything, and Halloween.
With that being said, October calls for a closet reset. Sure, I start wearing clothes for cooler weather in September, but October is when fall fashion really takes off. This fall, I’m loving all things plaid, velvet, and mustard yellow. Keep reading for some of my top October picks!
- Steve Madden Slides. This season is all about pearl embellishments! Having a subtle pearl element on your shoes instantly elevates your look to high fashion.
- Plaid Coat. If you’re a blog regular, you definitely saw last week’s post about plaid blazers. Keep the trend alive by switching to a plaid coat when the temps start to drop.
- Velvet Dress. This dress combines two of my favorite things this fall: velvet and mustard yellow! I can see myself styling this piece with some over the knee boots already!
- Sweater Dress. One of my favorite things to wear during the cooler months is a sweater dress. Who doesn’t love wearing what is essentially a cocoon and calling it fashion?! I love this one because you can transform it from a cowl neck to an off the shoulder style!
- Black Pants. I don’t know if it’s just me, but lately I’m seeing pants with buttons down the sides everywhere. I’m loving the subtle nautical vibes they give off. These pants will be the perfect piece to take from day to night.
- Mustard Pumps. Again with this color; I can’t get enough! I love that the pump also features a v-shape, a style that is popping up everywhere.
- White Booties. I’ve mentioned it before, but white booties are the IT shoe of the season. If you haven’t already gotten a pair these Steve Madden ones are a great pick, as well as this pair that I have from Topshop.
- Baker Boy Hat. I am OBSESSED with this hat trend! I think this style looks so flattering on and adds an element of retro cool to any outfit.
What trends are you guys loving for fall? Let me know in the comments below!