Fashion Week 2017 got us excited for all of the new trends we would be seeing by the time spring rolls around, but my favorite trend by far is modern romance. From dainty prints, pastel colors, ruffles, to sheer fabrics, I for one can’t wait for the weather to warm up. In anticipation of shedding our winter gear and opting for lighter fabrics and shorter hemlines, here are a few pieces I’m absolutely loving for this season.
- Button down. How cute is the chihuahua print on this shirt?! It’s definitely not something I would imagine to be on shirt, but for some reason it just works. I’ve mentioned before on the blog how much I love button downs and this one is no different. It’s perfect for spring with the dainty (and adorable) print and light blue color.
- Tie front dress. Polka dots are going to be everywhere this season! Transition into warmer weather with this long sleeve, but lightweight dress. I love that the polka dot print isn’t as overwhelming as some of the other polka dot pieces I’ve been seeing lately.
- Basket bag. If you loved the basket bag trend over the summer, fear not. This is one trend that isn’t going anywhere. I love this particular bag because while it is on trend, it’s also functional and not over the top making it perfect for every day use.
- Pink skirt. If you follow the blog regularly then you know how much I love A-line skirts. Surprisingly enough, I don’t own a pink one yet. But, I think it’s the perfect piece to add to my spring wardrobe.
- Kitten heels. This heel style took over this past season and is making it’s way into spring. I’m loving this pair of kitten heels because it effortlessly meshes a delicate style with edgier details. I think these would look darling paired with a sundress.
- Floral dress. As soon as I added this dress to my list, all I could hear in my head was Meryl Streep’s line, “Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking.” But, in all honesty, florals for spring are a classic and are never not in style. I love this particular dress because it really plays up the modern romance trend â€” pastel colors, delicate prints, and ruffles, ruffles, ruffles!
I hope this list inspired you to get started on your spring aesthetic. Comment below with your favorite trend for this season!