So it’s almost that time of year againâ€”the Nordstrom Anniversary sale! I somewhat covered this last year, but I’m hoping to be more comprehensive this year so that everyone can get more bang for their buck. With that being said, here’s everything you need to know before the sale starts.
What is it?
if you’ve never even heard of the anniversary sale before, you’re probably wondering why I’m even dedicating a blog post to sale that hasn’t started. Well, the anniversary sale is probably Nordstrom’s biggest sale of the year and it’s unlike other sales out there. Instead of having items come out and then marking them down later, Nordstrom brings out all of their fall items at a discounted price. After the sale ends, the prices go back up to normal prices. So, it’s basically a sale to shop for fall pieces before summer even ends.
Who can shop it and when?
The Nordstrom Anniversary sale is available to everyone, but at different dates. If you are a Nordstrom cardholder then you can start shopping the sale on July 12th at 12:30pm ET. Then, on July 19th the sale opens up to everyone else until it ends on August 4th. The next day, the prices go up.
If you’re not already a cardholder, don’t worry! You can still sign up for a card here. Honestly, if you’re interested in actually shopping the sale then a card is a must. I’ve tried to shop the sale in the past without one and practically everything was gone. But, that doesn’t mean you still can’t find pieces even without a Nordstrom card (so no pressure!).
- Have a plan: if there are certain pieces or brands that you know you love and want to stock up on for the fall, then start there. Items go fast so check out your favorites first.
- Order online: personally, I love shopping in stores sooooo much more than online, but for this sale shopping online is 10x easier. You get to see the full range of products that your local store might not have and you can apply specific filters to help you find what you’re looking for fast.
- Double points day: if you’re a cardholder then this is the time to use your double points! Enough said.
- Maximize your savings: if there’s a specific piece you want that’s a little pricier, now is the time to buy it. Last year I fell in love with a pair of boots that were a little outside my price range, but during the sale were $100 cheaper. Definitely worth it and I wore them all fall and winter!
- Don’t stress: a lot of people (re: bloggers) hype of this sale to the point that it’s completely stressful. If you want to shop it, use my tips. If you don’t, don’t! It’s really that easy and doesn’t need to cause unnecessary stress.
So there you have it: my guide to the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. If you have anymore questions feel free to reach out! Oh, and let me know what you want me to cover once the sale starts in the comments below!