I don’t know why, but I LOVE reading about people’s skincare routines. Even if their skin is completely different than mine, you never know when you’ll learn a new tip or find a new product to try.
I asked on stories and the poll was almost unanimous—you guys wanted me to share my skincare routine! I’ll be honest with you—I didn’t have a full routine until about 6 months to a year ago. My skin is still a work in progress and I’m still trying to find the right products for my concerns. But, with that being said, I’ll share everything I do now to keep my face clear and glowing! Also to preface my skincare routine, my skin is pretty normal, but on the dryer side. I have the occasional breakout due to hormones, stress, and sometimes diet (if I’m not eating that healthy), but for the most part I don’t have acne.
- Splash with cold water. I never wash my face in the morning because I feel like it’s too much having just washed it before bed. The cold water is really to wake me up, but I think it helps.
- Apply vitamin C serum. I’ve been using vitamin C on my face for awhile now, but I just got in a sample of the Drunk Elephant cult favorite vitamin C serum. Here are my thoughts: I’ve been using this for two weeks now and I really can’t tell a difference from my other (cheaper) serum. I also think you have to use a lot of product or it feels really sticky. I’m going to keep using it until I run out, so I can give another update then.
- Apply under eye cream. I’ve tried a lot of eye creams because my dark circles and under eye bags are probably my biggest insecurity. Truthfully, nothing really helps me. I ended up just buying a cream I saw at Target and I use it solely for moisturizing the delicate skin.
- Apply moisturizer. I ran out of my favorite moisturizer a little while ago, so right now I’m using this Olay one that I had on hand. It’s really thick for a day cream, so I will be going back to my usual Clinique soon.
- Apply eye balm. The Tula eye balm was really hyped up on Instagram, so I figured I should give it a try. Again, I don’t see any difference in my circles/bags (they’re from genetics and allergies), but I really love the cooling sensation. I think if I had especially puffy eyes from staying up too late/crying/etc. it would help bring that down. There is also a brightening effect, but I think it looks a little unnatural on it’s own. Under makeup though I love it!
- Apply sunscreen. So, I don’t actually use sunscreen on it’s own, I either use my tinted SPF or my foundation which has SPF in it. This is something I’m looking to add to my routine though!
- Wash face. I just started using the Cetaphil face wash after a dermatologist I follow on TikTok recommended it. Already, I love it! It’s such a gentle cleanser and really does a great job removing makeup. Any other makeup residue I remove with either Micellar water (I’m out right now, sadly) or a makeup removing microfiber towel.
- Apply collagen serum. So, I think this serum is meant for anti-aging, but I like that it has hyaluronic acid (helps skin hold in moisture) and I like to think I’m being proactive on the collagen front! I’m 23 now, but collagen production begins to decline at 25 so I want to make sure I’m doing everything I can to counteract.
- Apply eye cream. This is the same eye cream I use in the morning.
- Apply Argan oil. Instead of a moisturizer at night, I like to use Argan oil to really help moisturize my skin. If I’m feeling extra dry I’ll do double duty and apply moisturizer on top.
- I always try to remember to apply my serums and moisturizer to my neck and chest area as well, and wipe any excess on the back of my hands! Skincare doesn’t just include your face!
- Once or twice a week I exfoliate using this exfoliator. It’s relatively new to me, but I can already tell that it’s become a favorite. My skin feels baby smooth after I use it.
- Whenever I feel like my skin needs a refresh, I apply my favorite mask (I talked about it in this post recently). So, usually once a week or every other week. It really depends on how I’m feeling!
- On days I’m feeling extra puffy, I like to use a jade roller—technically mine is rose quartz—to get rid of fluid build up. I don’t use this every day, so I haven’t seen miraculous results, but at the very least I find it relaxing, like a mini facial! I usually apply Argan oil or a thick glob of moisturizer before rolling.
- Don’t come at me for not using a toner! I know I need to use one. I’ve tried this one and this one in the past and love both, but they do two different things. It’s on my list of things I need to buy!
- I’ve been using these headbands to keep my hair out of my face while washing/applying products and I love them! They’re perfect for when you’re doing makeup too.
- I also do my best to drink enough water and eat a healthy diet because that’s important for clear skin. Also taking vitamins. I use a generic daily vitamin and I also take biotin—but I will admit that the past few months I haven’t been very diligent in taking them.
Anyway, I hope that answered any questions about my daily skincare routine! Let me know what I should cover next in the comments below!