I can’t believe it’s already 2021 and we’re putting 2020 behind us. I’m so ready for a fresh start! And with that in mind, I like to write out specific goals for myself throughout the year. Admittedly, I’ve completely failed when it comes to past resolutions (can’t stick with them), and I kind of forgot what I said my goals were for 2020…
But, this year I actually wrote them down and saved them to a graphic on my laptop! So, we’ve finally got some accountability. With that in mind, I wanted to share a few of my goals with you and I’d love to hear yours!
I have to say, 2020 wasn’t all bad. Not only did I start graduate to pursue my masters at Columbia and move to New York City (a dream of mine since middle school), I also saw quite a bit of growth in my business. This year, I want to go even further! Without getting to specific about numbers, here are some of my business goals:
- Reach 10K followers on Instagram by the end of February. If you aren’t already following, I’d appreciate a follow! 😉
- Double my earnings on RewardStyle (for those that don’t know, if you make purchases through my links I make a very small commission. It’s so appreciated when you take the time to do so!!)
- Update my newsletter! This is something I’ve been wanting to do for awhile and I think I might get done in February this year.
- Post Reels! I’ve been slow to adapt Reels on Instagram, but I’m making it a goal to post at least every other week, if not more. Stay tuned for a month of hair content on Reels during January!
Again, quarantine wasn’t all bad. At the beginning I was working out 4-6 times a week! Once I moved to NYC though, I definitely lost my mojo. With that in mind I have a few health/miscellaneous goals for 2021:
- Workout at least 2x a week
- Drink more water!! I was so good about my water intake when I was in a classroom/working in an office, but I don’t drink enough water when I’m working from home.
- Cook more healthy meals. Since moving, I’ve spent less and less time cooking in my kitchen. To be fair, I did make a lot of chicken or fish and veggies, but too often it was pasta or takeout on the menu. I’m also looking into a meal service like Hello Fresh or Real Home Chef, so hopefully that helps!
- So this one can be applied to my business category too, but I want to work on actually doing work during normal hours, instead of at night. It’s hard with grad school hours being all over the place, but I always find myself doing the majority of my work after 6pm (both school and blog) and need to consciously make an effort to change that!
So, that’s all for my goals for this year! I’d love to know if you do resolutions or goals and what they are this year!