So, 22 had the Taylor Swift song, and 23 had Blink-182, what do I get for 24?? This past Saturday I came back to New York from winter break at home in Maryland on my 24th birthday. I can’t believe I’m another year older, mostly because 2020 feels like it never happened.
Anyway, I spent my birthday in NYC with two friends who visited. Despite the restrictions we were still able to do some shopping in Soho and then had appetizers and drinks at a really cool outdoor dining place. And then more appetizers and drinks closer to my apartment!
The night before, I went to dinner with my parents (Italian of course) and wore the outfit above. Knit midi skirts are my new obsession lately if you couldn’t tell! I love this one in particular because it’s not form fitting at all. It’s loose and so comfortable it feels like loungewear! I paired in with a fuzzy boatneck sweater for a neutral look.
Also, I have to take a minute to draw your attention to my scrunchie. I’ve been gravitating towards low ponytails lately and a fun scrunchie instantly makes it more chic! I have three of these oversize scrunchies and I’m obsessed!
Anyway, now that we’ve talked about the outfit, I thought it would be fun to share 24 facts about me. Keep reading to learn a little bit about the girl behind the blog!
Get to Know Me: 24 Random Facts About Me
- I’m from the Baltimore, Maryland area (Baltimore County).
- Growing up, I played soccer and lacrosse, but dance was my favorite (15 years of dance class).
- I went to an all girls high school.
- After graduating, I went to Elon University in North Carolina.
- I lived in a different dorm/apartment all four years of undergrad — a lot of moving around!
- I graduated from Elon with a dual degree in strategic communication and English literature and a minor in professional writing studies.
- If you can’t guess from my background and my blog, I love to write!
- I started my blog at Elon my freshman year (March 2016) as part of a communications class.
- My sophomore year at Elon I took a three-week study abroad course in January in Rome!
- That was my third time going to Europe. I went to France and Spain on two separate trips with my high school!
- I also studied abroad for a full semester my junior year in London.
- London and Paris are tied for my absolute favorite cities.
- After graduating I worked as an intern in communications research in D.C. (I commuted 2 hours to work!!!)
- In September I moved from Baltimore to NYC — AKA where I’ve wanted to live since I was in middle school.
- I started grad school at Columbia University (hence the move to NYC) to pursue my masters in strategic communication.
- I moved into an apartment with two other girls at Columbia (in a different program though). We didn’t meet in person until after we all moved in!
- I made my first blogging friend in real life. We’ve met up a few times to take photos together!
- I’ve always had pets growing up. Currently have a dog (Cooper) and two cats (Theo and Alvin) at my parents house. (Yes I’m saying they’re mine even though I live in NYC now.)
- Unpopular opinion: I love dogs and cats equally. They both have their advantages and I’ve always had both!
- I think this is obvious, but I’ve always loved fashion. I’d love to work in communications in the fashion industry.
- When not blogging, another hobby of mine is reading.
- I’ve always had an obsession with France (I’ve been 3x so far) and wish I kept up with my French classes. I can speak enough to get around, but definitely nowhere near fluent.
- My favorite color is pink, but I hardly ever wear it. Although, expect some pink Valentine’s Day content soon!
- Next to shopping and reading, my absolute favorite thing to do is travel! I have a list of countries/cities I want to see about a mile long!
If you made it this far, thanks for reading! And here’s to another year of The Dainty Details!