Hi everyone, welcome back! I’m not sure if I’ve shared this yet or not, but my upcoming fall semester will be spent studying abroad in LONDON! While I’m not ready for summer to be over, I can’t wait until I’m in London either and that has me thinking about fall clothes. So, I thought I’d share with you some items that are inspiring my fall wardrobe:
- Steve Madden Slides. Good news — slides are back and better than ever. And thank god for that, because they are the comfiest shoes. I tried on these Steve Madden slides at Nordstrom and they are definitely on my list! They’re so cute on and look like the Gucci slides at a fraction of the cost.
- Topshop Booties. If you happened to see any of the SS17 fashion shows then you had to have noticed a trend: white booties! Personally, I am a huuuge fan of this trend and as soon as I found a pair online (these topshop booties) I had to have them. Watch out for them on the blog soon!
- Wayf Blouse. This blouse is part of the Nordstrom sale (which ends Aug. 6th) and it is absolutely gorgeous. If you’ve been following the blog for awhile, you know that I love button downs. I really love this version because the silky material looks so luxe, especially in that slate color.
- Topshop Blazer Dress. For the longest time, I’ve loved the look of blazer dresses. I think maybe because it is a dress that covers a lot, but still seems somewhat scandalous. Whatever the reason, it’s a look I love, but have never owned. Hopefully this Topshop dress makes its way into my closet soon.
- Topshop Corset Dress. Slowly, but surely, the corset trend is emerging. I have to admit, I instantly hated this trend. I thought corsets looked tacky and just gross. But, my mind was changed when I saw a pic of Kendall Jenner wearing a corset dress (or maybe just a corset over a dress?) in all white. While I’m still not a total advocate of this trend, I have to say that the combination of the corset (an edgy, sexy vibe) mixed with a delicate white just does it for me. Somehow this combination creates something entirely feminine and wearable.
- Topshop Kimono. Another trend I’ve never really gotten on board with is kimonos. However, I’m being swayed to the dark side with the newest take on kimonos — a sturdier, silky, mid-maxi length version. The sturdier material, as opposed to a light gauzy version you see in the summer, makes the look so much more luxurious. And the yellow color of the one above is perfect for late summer transitioning to fall.
- Lulus Skirt. Again if you’ve been following along, it’s no secret that I’m a skirt kind of gal. You’ve probably seen my denim skirts 5 million times on Instagram. I’m loving this skirt because of the fun grommet detail (in gold too!) that takes a simple black skirt from boring to something more.
That’s it for this week! And on a side note, this post was in no way sponsored by Topshop, I’m just really loving a lot of the brand’s clothes right now!
Happy Wednesday everyone! Today’s post is a short one since I’m finishing up the end of the school year and have been crazy busy with projects and exams.
I wanted to share with you all my summer mood board (see more on my Pinterest board
). This summer, I’m finding inspiration from 60s retro glam and the Italian Riviera. As you can see, the color scheme is white, yellow, and pale pink and ruffles are key!
Shop this post:
- For Love & Lemons Top and Skirt.
- Asos Sandals.
- SheIn Dress.
- Moon River Romper.
- J.O.A. Romper.
- Urban Outfitters Sunglasses.
- Asos Hat.
- Steve Madden Sandals.
Like I said, keeping it short this week. Come back next week for more content!
From kindergarten to my senior year of high school I went to private school. With private school comes the expectation of a uniform. While I hated having a uniform during those years, looking back I actually kind of miss it. Don’t get me wrong, the uniforms were hideous (especially in middle and high school) and it sucked not being able to express myself through my outfit choices. The part I miss though is the simplicity of knowing exactly what I was going to put on in the morning. It was so easy to roll out of bed and just throw on my uniform, it required zero effort. Now, I’m constantly struggling with what to wear in the morning. To make life easier for myself, I started gravitating towards a tried and true outfit that never steered me wrong. I like to think of it as my “new uniform.”
- White Tee. It’s impossible to go wrong with a simple white t-shirt. The one I show in the picture (and the link) is from Madewell and it’s my favorite white tee of all time. I love everything about it from the v-neck to the little pocket. It’s made of a lightweight cotton material that feels like wearing pajamas. Although I personally love this option, any white t-shirt will work for this outfit.
- Denim. Although I feature jean shorts in the picture, this is an outfit that can work year round. With summer around the corner, my uniform usually consists of jean shorts, but when it starts to get colder I can easily swap them out for my favorite pair of jeans (I love wearing my ripped boyfriend jeans).
- Adidas. I bought my pair of Adidas in August and at that point I didn’t realize how much I was going to love them. They are literally my go-to shoes when I’m in a hurry! I love that sneakers are considered fashionable now because there is nothing comfier than my Adidas. Also, if you’re still looking for a pair of Adidas (they’re constantly selling out), I actually got mine in the children’s section of Footlocker. Kid sizes go up to a 7 now, so if you have small feet like me you can save $10!
- Statement piece. I feel like every person has that one accessory they can’t live without. For me, it’s my Michael Kors watch. I’ve had this watch for almost three years now and I wear it almost every day (I have a watch shaped tan line on my wrist!). For me, my watch is my statement piece that I feel completely pulls my outfit together. It’s my signature piece; the outfit wouldn’t be a “Carey outfit” without it. (I must confess, while my watch is my statement piece, I have two other signature accessories that I wear every day: my diamond earrings and my high school ring).
This easy, go-to outfit never fails when I feel rushed in the morning or like I have nothing to wear. The best part is that it leaves room for adjustment. A white t-shirt and denim creates a blank canvas to try new accessories or maybe a bold makeup look. The simplicity of this outfit is what makes it my new uniform.
Don’t forget to follow on Bloglovin’!