Hi everyone! I’m going to keep this week’s post short and sweet. I just got this bell sleeve tee from Free People and I am in love! It feels like I’m wearing a t-shirt, but the sleeves give it an extra oomph.
I decided to pair the top with a denim skirt (my go-to) and my pink Adidas to keep with the casual vibe. If you go to school somewhere warm like me, this would be the perfect outfit to wear to class. It’s also a great off-duty, weekend look.
You may have also noticed my new watch. I got a Michael Kors smart watch for my birthday, and while I’m still figuring it out, I’m already loving it! I mainly wanted something like a fitbit but that actually looked stylish, so this was the perfect fit for me.
Thanks for reading and be sure to come back next week!
Fashion Week 2017 got us excited for all of the new trends we would be seeing by the time spring rolls around, but my favorite trend by far is modern romance. From dainty prints, pastel colors, ruffles, to sheer fabrics, I for one can’t wait for the weather to warm up. In anticipation of shedding our winter gear and opting for lighter fabrics and shorter hemlines, here are a few pieces I’m absolutely loving for this season.
- Button down. How cute is the chihuahua print on this shirt?! It’s definitely not something I would imagine to be on shirt, but for some reason it just works. I’ve mentioned before on the blog how much I love button downs and this one is no different. It’s perfect for spring with the dainty (and adorable) print and light blue color.
- Tie front dress. Polka dots are going to be everywhere this season! Transition into warmer weather with this long sleeve, but lightweight dress. I love that the polka dot print isn’t as overwhelming as some of the other polka dot pieces I’ve been seeing lately.
- Basket bag. If you loved the basket bag trend over the summer, fear not. This is one trend that isn’t going anywhere. I love this particular bag because while it is on trend, it’s also functional and not over the top making it perfect for every day use.
- Pink skirt. If you follow the blog regularly then you know how much I love A-line skirts. Surprisingly enough, I don’t own a pink one yet. But, I think it’s the perfect piece to add to my spring wardrobe.
- Kitten heels. This heel style took over this past season and is making it’s way into spring. I’m loving this pair of kitten heels because it effortlessly meshes a delicate style with edgier details. I think these would look darling paired with a sundress.
- Floral dress. As soon as I added this dress to my list, all I could hear in my head was Meryl Streep’s line, “Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking.” But, in all honesty, florals for spring are a classic and are never not in style. I love this particular dress because it really plays up the modern romance trend — pastel colors, delicate prints, and ruffles, ruffles, ruffles!
I hope this list inspired you to get started on your spring aesthetic. Comment below with your favorite trend for this season!
You probably weren’t expecting a post today, but I thought it would be fun to include a little getting to know me post since I turn 21 today! Keep reading for some random tidbits about me:
- I live in Baltimore, MD but go to school at Elon University in North Carolina.
- I’m majoring in strategic communication (public relations) and English literature.
- I LOOOVE to read. I read books on my phone and I read all the time to the point where my friends will yell at me if I’m reading while we’re out.
- I can’t live without my green tea lemonade from Starbucks. It’s literally the best drink ever!
- My favorite color is pink, but I don’t wear it that often.
- I want to move to a big city when I graduate. I’ve always loved Paris and New York, but after spending a semester in London, the city has my heart.
- I’m only 5 feet tall. You can probably tell I’m short in pictures, but my height usually surprises people.
- I’ve always loved fashion and dressing up, but growing up I was a bit tomboyish (that happens when your best friend is a boy).
- Even though I’m loving London right now, I’ve always been obsessed with Paris and all things French.
- On that note… I really want a french bulldog. I’ve always been a big dog kind of person, but ever since I read a book about an old woman with french bulldogs I’ve wanted one of my own.
- I’m in Alpha Omicron Pi at my university.
- I have a pretty big sweet tooth, especially when it comes to chocolate.
- I took dance lessons in ballet, tap, and jazz for 13 years. I actually really wished it was something I kept up in college because I miss dancing so much.
- In high school my senior superlative was “least changed.” (I actually tied for that with another girl, I guess we look the same as we did in middle school?)
- I went to an all girls high school and made some of my best friends there.
- The school ring from my high school never leaves my finger. If I’m not wearing it, it ruins my whole day.
- I hate driving. If I could be chauffeured every day I would take it in a heart beat!
- I’m obsessed with lipstick! I have anywhere from 3-10 lip products in my purse at all times!
- I get asked if I’m Italian a lot because of my darker features, but I actually have Greek ancestry on my mom’s side of the family.
- I wear Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet perfume almost every day. I’ve been calling it my “signature scent” since I was 17. I’m starting to get bored of it though and have been looking for a new scent.
- My dream is to travel. I’ve visited a few countries in Europe (plus Canada) and can’t wait to add more to my list!
Thanks for reading!
Welcome back everyone! Sorry I’ve been on such a long hiatus, but with spending my last week in London, and then coming home (especially with Christmas) I needed a short break. But don’t worry, we are officially back on schedule!
Today’s look is featuring my new leopard print coat. If there was one thing I couldn’t help but notice in London, it was the fashion. And with that being said, a leopard print coat is a must. The one I’m wearing was a Christmas gift from my mom from H&M and I absolutely love it. They also have this one that is too cute. If you’re looking for a bolder/brighter version, I also think this coat from Asos is adorable.
Underneath my coat I paired a gray off the shoulder sweater — I can’t stop wearing them! — with faux leather leggings. I got the Spanx kind and although I don’t think the leather look comes across that well, these are extremely comfy, and stretchy, leggings.
Lastly, the details. I’m obsessed with my new Rebecca Minkoff bag. It’s the perfect size to hold your money, cards, phone and lipstick. And really, what more could I want? The style of the bag is utter perfection with the circular handle, but a cross body chain for when you need to be hands free. I also wore my pom pom earrings that I bought from a market in London, but the ones I linked above are a pretty good match. To complete the look I threw on my go-to black booties and my gold sunnies.
If you liked this post, give me a follow on insta and bloglovin! That’s all for this week, so stay tuned for next week’s post!
With only 12 more days until Christmas, you may have a secret santa party coming up. Every year my friends and I do this, with a price limit of $20. This can sometimes be challenging when you want to get your friend the perfect gift. But don’t worry! This year I picked out 9 different gift ideas that you can purchase ASAP!
- Earrings. Jewelry is always an easy way to stay in the price limit, but get your friend something she would actually want. This pair is the perfect mix of unique, but still classy—something that would work with a variety of styles.
- Perfume. Mini perfume sets are perfect for a giving a gift that feels more luxe, but doesn’t go over your limit.
- Socks. A fun pair of socks (or two) is always a good idea! Just make sure to add a little something with it (hint: something sweet would be perfect).
- Makeup bag. This makeup bag is just adorable! It’s perfect for your friend who is obsessed with makeup, or just anyone who needs a new bag (I definitely fall into that category).
- Mug. Is it just me, or can you just never have enough mugs? I personally love to receive fun/adorable mugs. This cat mug is just too cute to pass up and perfect for any of your friends who are crazy cat ladies.
- Pinch kit. I received a pinch kit for Christmas one year, and it’s such a fun gift. I love this one too because it’s glittery and has a cute pink pom pom!
- Candle. For your friend whose a “homebody” as my mom would say, a candle is the perfect gift. This one comes in 7 different scents, but I’m obsessed with the oatmeal cookie one!
- Stud set. If your friend doesn’t like dangly earrings, why not try a few sets of studs? These are glamorous without being over the top, and the little jar they come in makes them 10x cuter.
- Lipstick set. For the lipstick addict, this Stila trio is a must! Three new colors for her to try all within the price limit? It doesn’t get better than that. Plus these colors would be perfect to debut on NYE!
I hope this guide was helpful! Let me know if you want to see any more last minute guides as we count our way down to the holidays!
Without a doubt, faux fur has captured every fashion girl’s heart this season. I can’t walk down the street, let alone scroll through my Instagram feed without seeing a faux fur coat or jacket.
The best way to wear this trend is to let your jacket do the talking — pair it with a simple outfit underneath like the one I wore above. I added my favorite button down top to a burgundy corduroy skirt for a subtly chic look. And of course, since December in London is absolutely freezing, I threw on a pair of tights underneath. A lot of people don’t like tights, but I’m a huge fan (could be the ballet dancer in me) and I love the way black tights with black booties elongate your legs. Especially as a short girl, anything that gives me some extra length is good!
Keeping with the glam factor the faux fur jacket brings to this look, I had to top the outfit off with a red lip. I’ve shared this one on the blog a few times, but I’m obsessed with my MAC red lipstick in Ruby Woo. It’s part of their retro matte collection and even though I usually opt for glossier lipsticks, I really love the matte finish on this one.
That’s all I have for this week, see you next Wednesday!
Happy Monday everyone! This week I’m sharing a #bonuspost because Christmas is exactly three weeks away and we’re getting into crunch time when it comes to holiday shopping. This gift guide is for the women in your life: your mom, a friend, an aunt, whoever! Hopefully this guide gives you some inspiration and you can get shopping!
- Michael Kors Smart Watch. Smart watches are all the rage right now. The great thing about this one is that it looks like a regular watch — sleek, stylish — but has all of the added bonuses that are just becoming necessary these days.
- Anthropologie Cheese Board. This is the perfect gift for the woman in your life who loves to host parties. This is just the type of splurge worthy gift that she probably wouldn’t buy herself, but would love to get as a gift!
- Fleece Throw Blanket. Who doesn’t like to cuddle up with a super soft blanket? Just looking at this blanket as I’m writing this makes me want it NOW.
- Cook Book. This book is perfect for the woman who’s ready to step up her dinner game. It takes all of your favorite recipes and makes them new again. Who knows? Maybe she’ll end up cooking for you!
- Picture Frame. This is the type of gift that moms especially like to receive — it’s both stylish and sentimental. Just make sure that you include a picture of you and her together before wrapping!
- Marble Jewelry Box. This is another gift that isn’t something someone would necessarily buy for themselves, but makes the perfect gift to give! You can even amp up this gift by including a piece of jewelry in it!
- Diptyque Candle. Diptyque candles speak for themselves. Spoil the woman in your life with this spa worthy luxury.
- Pink Fur Wrap. If there’s a fashionista in your life, get her this on trend pink furry wrap! It’s the ultimate fashion lover’s gift.
- Pajama Set. You can’t go wrong with a cute pajama set. For years this is the gift my mom and I would send to my grandma. It’s perfect for women of all ages — everyone sleeps, and everyone wants to look cute while doing so.
- Kate Spade Handbag. My mom is someone who always picks out a new handbag for Christmas. If you’re buying for a woman like her, try this trendy velvet version.
I hope this guide was helpful, especially with the holidays approaching fast. Let me know what you think in the comments, and tell me if there’s a gift guide you want to see next!