Welcome back everyone! Sorry I’ve been on such a long hiatus, but with spending my last week in London, and then coming home (especially with Christmas) I needed a short break. But don’t worry, we are officially back on schedule!
Today’s look is featuring my new leopard print coat. If there was one thing I couldn’t help but notice in London, it was the fashion. And with that being said, a leopard print coat is a must. The one I’m wearing was a Christmas gift from my mom from H&M and I absolutely love it. They also have this one that is too cute. If you’re looking for a bolder/brighter version, I also think this coat from Asos is adorable.
Underneath my coat I paired a gray off the shoulder sweater — I can’t stop wearing them! — with faux leather leggings. I got the Spanx kind and although I don’t think the leather look comes across that well, these are extremely comfy, and stretchy, leggings.
Lastly, the details. I’m obsessed with my new Rebecca Minkoff bag. It’s the perfect size to hold your money, cards, phone and lipstick. And really, what more could I want? The style of the bag is utter perfection with the circular handle, but a cross body chain for when you need to be hands free. I also wore my pom pom earrings that I bought from a market in London, but the ones I linked above are a pretty good match. To complete the look I threw on my go-to black booties and my gold sunnies.
If you liked this post, give me a follow on insta and bloglovin! That’s all for this week, so stay tuned for next week’s post!
With only 12 more days until Christmas, you may have a secret santa party coming up. Every year my friends and I do this, with a price limit of $20. This can sometimes be challenging when you want to get your friend the perfect gift. But don’t worry! This year I picked out 9 different gift ideas that you can purchase ASAP!
- Earrings. Jewelry is always an easy way to stay in the price limit, but get your friend something she would actually want. This pair is the perfect mix of unique, but still classy—something that would work with a variety of styles.
- Perfume. Mini perfume sets are perfect for a giving a gift that feels more luxe, but doesn’t go over your limit.
- Socks. A fun pair of socks (or two) is always a good idea! Just make sure to add a little something with it (hint: something sweet would be perfect).
- Makeup bag. This makeup bag is just adorable! It’s perfect for your friend who is obsessed with makeup, or just anyone who needs a new bag (I definitely fall into that category).
- Mug. Is it just me, or can you just never have enough mugs? I personally love to receive fun/adorable mugs. This cat mug is just too cute to pass up and perfect for any of your friends who are crazy cat ladies.
- Pinch kit. I received a pinch kit for Christmas one year, and it’s such a fun gift. I love this one too because it’s glittery and has a cute pink pom pom!
- Candle. For your friend whose a “homebody” as my mom would say, a candle is the perfect gift. This one comes in 7 different scents, but I’m obsessed with the oatmeal cookie one!
- Stud set. If your friend doesn’t like dangly earrings, why not try a few sets of studs? These are glamorous without being over the top, and the little jar they come in makes them 10x cuter.
- Lipstick set. For the lipstick addict, this Stila trio is a must! Three new colors for her to try all within the price limit? It doesn’t get better than that. Plus these colors would be perfect to debut on NYE!
I hope this guide was helpful! Let me know if you want to see any more last minute guides as we count our way down to the holidays!
Without a doubt, faux fur has captured every fashion girl’s heart this season. I can’t walk down the street, let alone scroll through my Instagram feed without seeing a faux fur coat or jacket.
The best way to wear this trend is to let your jacket do the talking — pair it with a simple outfit underneath like the one I wore above. I added my favorite button down top to a burgundy corduroy skirt for a subtly chic look. And of course, since December in London is absolutely freezing, I threw on a pair of tights underneath. A lot of people don’t like tights, but I’m a huge fan (could be the ballet dancer in me) and I love the way black tights with black booties elongate your legs. Especially as a short girl, anything that gives me some extra length is good!
Keeping with the glam factor the faux fur jacket brings to this look, I had to top the outfit off with a red lip. I’ve shared this one on the blog a few times, but I’m obsessed with my MAC red lipstick in Ruby Woo. It’s part of their retro matte collection and even though I usually opt for glossier lipsticks, I really love the matte finish on this one.
That’s all I have for this week, see you next Wednesday!
Happy Monday everyone! This week I’m sharing a #bonuspost because Christmas is exactly three weeks away and we’re getting into crunch time when it comes to holiday shopping. This gift guide is for the women in your life: your mom, a friend, an aunt, whoever! Hopefully this guide gives you some inspiration and you can get shopping!
- Michael Kors Smart Watch. Smart watches are all the rage right now. The great thing about this one is that it looks like a regular watch — sleek, stylish — but has all of the added bonuses that are just becoming necessary these days.
- Anthropologie Cheese Board. This is the perfect gift for the woman in your life who loves to host parties. This is just the type of splurge worthy gift that she probably wouldn’t buy herself, but would love to get as a gift!
- Fleece Throw Blanket. Who doesn’t like to cuddle up with a super soft blanket? Just looking at this blanket as I’m writing this makes me want it NOW.
- Cook Book. This book is perfect for the woman who’s ready to step up her dinner game. It takes all of your favorite recipes and makes them new again. Who knows? Maybe she’ll end up cooking for you!
- Picture Frame. This is the type of gift that moms especially like to receive — it’s both stylish and sentimental. Just make sure that you include a picture of you and her together before wrapping!
- Marble Jewelry Box. This is another gift that isn’t something someone would necessarily buy for themselves, but makes the perfect gift to give! You can even amp up this gift by including a piece of jewelry in it!
- Diptyque Candle. Diptyque candles speak for themselves. Spoil the woman in your life with this spa worthy luxury.
- Pink Fur Wrap. If there’s a fashionista in your life, get her this on trend pink furry wrap! It’s the ultimate fashion lover’s gift.
- Pajama Set. You can’t go wrong with a cute pajama set. For years this is the gift my mom and I would send to my grandma. It’s perfect for women of all ages — everyone sleeps, and everyone wants to look cute while doing so.
- Kate Spade Handbag. My mom is someone who always picks out a new handbag for Christmas. If you’re buying for a woman like her, try this trendy velvet version.
I hope this guide was helpful, especially with the holidays approaching fast. Let me know what you think in the comments, and tell me if there’s a gift guide you want to see next!
If you haven’t noticed by now, some of my favorite things are mini skirts, leather, and cozy sweaters. So when an outfit has all three, it’s definitely a winner in my book!
I recently picked up this fuzzy cropped sweater and camel colored skirt from Zara. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the sweater on their website, but I was there last week and saw it in stores still. But, this sweater from Urban Outfitters is almost an exact dupe, it’s just a little more gray than black. I also found a similar long sleeve version from Forever21 that’s also super cute.
Oh and the best news ever? My Steve Madden booties from last fall are back again at Nordstrom AND marked down! They are literally my favorite fall shoes — I wear them so often I broke the sole of the heel and had to get them fixed! They’re so comfy, and add just a little bit of height.
I hope you liked this post! Let me know what you think in the comments!
Let me start out by saying Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone has a great time today stuffing their faces and spending time with friends and family. Unfortunately, since I’m in London I won’t be celebrating this year 🙁 (although I might buy myself some stuffing haha)!
I also want to apologize for not posting yesterday, it’s been a busy few days, so this post got pushed back. Anyway, I’m starting the first of my holiday gift guides with what to buy for your girlfriends. Bonus — everything is under $50! Keep reading to find out what you need to purchase ASAP!
- Yves Saint Laurent Lipstick. This is for your friend who is a makeup junkie. Chances are she probably already has a YSL lipstick, but this is a gorgeous special holiday edition! There are 5 shades to choose from, and I’m loving all of them!
- BaubleBar Earrings. Is it just me, or does BaubleBar just have the absolute cutest earrings? These rose gold danglies are perfect to give your friend right before your upcoming NYE parties.
- Recover iPhone Case. Give your techie friend this adorable pink marble iPhone case. Best part? It’s only $20!
- S’well Water Bottle. It’s not secret that S’well water bottles are amazing, but this season mix up the standard color choices and go for this glitzy version in calacutta gold.
- Cats and Plants Book. Who doesn’t want a quirky coffee table book as a gift? This is the kind of item that everyone wants to buy, but never would. It’s filled with adorable pictures and looks stylish in your living room.
- Lavender Agate Ring. This glamorous ring will be the perfect gift for your fashion forward friends. It’s definitely a statement piece, but just subtle enough to wear again and again.
- Steve Madden Fuzzy Slippers. Do you have a friend that prefers a cozy night in over going out? Then these slippers are a must. Faux fur + blush pink = the ultimate combination.
- Gold Accent Mug. Last but not least, the gift for your coffee addict friend. She may already own a million and one mugs, but I guarantee none are as stylish as this one.
When it comes to holiday shopping for your best friends, you can’t go wrong with any of these picks! This is the first of my gift guide series, so let me know who you want to see a guide for next!
Oversized sweater + cropped denim = enough said. When fall rolls around, my go to outfit is always an oversized, comfy sweater paired with jeans. It’s chic, looking like you actually tried, when in reality you just threw on two basic pieces and went with it. What I love about this sweater is the fun, furry pockets! I am obsessed with the fur trend right now, and this is just a small way to incorporate it. (Disclaimer on the sweater: based off of the model wearing it, it’s not supposed to be oversized, but if you have a small frame like me then that’s the fit you’ll end up with).
When it comes to jeans, I have been loving a cropped fit. I bought this pair from Express towards the end of summer, and I’m still obsessed. Again with #shortgirlprobs, the cropped denim wasn’t actually cropped on me, so I had to take mine to the tailor.
To keep the look casual, but chic, I threw on my favorite velvet flats that you’ve probably seen me wear a million times, plus my usual gold accessories (i.e. watch, initial necklace, and hoop earrings).
This is the perfect look for a casual weekend, or dinner with friends. It may be simple, but the sweater is just unique enough to stand out. I’m also loving this beaded, turquoise sweater from H&M as well as this beaded one from TopShop. Small embellishments are the key to taking your sweater from average to ahhmazing.
That’s it for this week’s post. Is there anything you want to see in the next couple weeks? More outfit posts, holiday gift guides, etc.? Let me know in the comments below!