Hello, lovely readers! I’ve been super busy lately, so sorry for the late post today. On that note though, spring break starts Friday! I’m going home first, but then my family is going on a short vacay to Scottsdale, Arizona. The upcoming trip inspired me to create a quick post on some vacation and beachwear products that I know I will be putting my list!
- Fun clutch. Vacation is the perfect time to try out a fun, new clutch that you wouldn’t otherwise wear. I love this one because of the straw material and the multicolored pompoms.
- Romper. I am OBSESSED with this romper. From the flutter sleeves, to the cute button details, it’s just perfect. I love rompers for vacation because they have all the perks of a dress, but allow for more range of movement and activities.
- Swimsuit. If you’re going somewhere with a beach or a pool, swimsuits are obviously a must. I love this one by Becca because of the fun colors and side tassels!
- OTS top. Off the shoulder tops aren’t going anywhere for the time being, so update this look with a bright color and tassels.
- Espadrilles. Nothing says vacation quite like espadrilles. I’m loving this sneaker version of the trend, and haven’t seen a pair with straw all over.
- Maxi dress. After spending your day by the beach or the pool, throw on a cute maxi dress for dinner later that night.
- Beach hat. I know whenever I go to the beach/pool I have to have my face covered. This hat is perfect with its wide brim, but manages to look cute and not tacky.
- Bright earrings. Although I personally don’t switch up my jewelry that much, spring break is the perfect time to do so! Try some fun, dangly earrings in a bright color to add a little something-something to an otherwise plain outfit.
I hope this edit inspires all of you to start breaking out the bright colors and other vacation essentials for your spring break! And if you don’t have a vacation coming up, start planning what you’ll be wearing over the summer!
The summer trend I was both in love with and fearful of would definitely have been the one piece bathing suit. I honestly can’t even remember the last time I owned a one piece bathing suit, I’ve always been strictly a bikini girl. That being said, I feel like I was bombarded by photos from blogs, magazines and instagram accounts of cute one piece bathing suits. By the time May hit, I knew that I was going to try and jump aboard that trend.
After weeks and weeks of looking for the perfect one piece, I saw this adorable white one online at Nordstrom. Unlike some one pieces, this white version (I think it’s only left in black or red, but both are so cute!) by Becca still seems fun and not frumpy which I was initially fearing. The mesh detailing and plunging neckline make this one piece anything but boring.
After purchasing this one piece, I was asked by lingerie and swimwear company, Adore me, to join their campaign in spreading one piece love. Given that I had already fallen in love with mine and was planning on sharing anyway, I thought why not? I definitely wanted to share my thoughts.
Given that I was wearing my swim suit to the beach, I preferred a no fuss look. In my opinion, the only accessories you need are a cute beach bag and some sunnies! My sunglasses are also from Nordstrom and only cost $12! Although I couldn’t find my exact pair, there are tons of other cute ones. My philosophy is that the beach is the perfect time to try out fun sunglass trends and not break the bank. I’m not going to bring my designer glasses just to mess them up with a combo of sea water, sand and sunscreen. Spending $12 on trendy glasses that may get ruined is the perfect alternative.
If I haven’t convinced you that one pieces are a must, check out Adore Me’s instagram for some inspiration by the company and other bloggers!
I hope you enjoyed the post, and don’t forget to give me a follow on Bloglovin’!