If you don’t own a plaid blazer (or at least have one on your wishlist) you must be living under a rock! If there is one closet staple this season that is an absolute MUST buy it’s the plaid blazer. It instantly elevates any look and its versatility is a plus.
I paired my plaid blazer with a leather mini skirt and a white tee for a casual yet cool look, but there are so many different ways to wear it. For a simple swap when the weather is a bit cooler I’m going to replace my leather skirt with some leather leggings or a pair of dark skinny jeans.
Another fun way to wear this item is with a matching skirt or pants — I love the retro vibe it gives off. You can also through it on over a slip dress for a high-fashion look.
However you choose to wear it, this is the Fall 2017 trend that won’t be going anywhere soon! Check out some more plaid blazer options:
Happy Wednesday! Sorry for the delay, but I was trying to schedule this to post at the airport and it didn’t work… But anyway I’m posting this from London where I’ve been for a few hours!! I’m so excited to share my semester abroad with you all, but in the meantime here is this week’s look…
I literally just bought this top from Express the day before I shot this outfit. I’m usually not an all-over lace kind of person, but for some reason this top called to me. I’m loving the ruffle detail, as well as the sheer lace back. But what I really love about this top is the color! This rusty rose color is perfect for late summer into fall.
I paired my new top with my white jeans and Tory Burch sandals, but as the weather starts to cool it’ll look cute with a darker pair of jeans and cardigan.
One last note: I am so obsessed with the MAC lipstick I’m wearing. The shade just looks so natural, but adds a little something-something.
I hope everyone liked this post, and if so leave a comment/give me a follow! Just a heads up again, I’m not sure what my posting schedule is going to be like while I’m in London but definitely follow along on Instagram for more consistent content!
Hi everyone, welcome back! I’m not sure if I’ve shared this yet or not, but my upcoming fall semester will be spent studying abroad in LONDON! While I’m not ready for summer to be over, I can’t wait until I’m in London either and that has me thinking about fall clothes. So, I thought I’d share with you some items that are inspiring my fall wardrobe:
- Steve Madden Slides. Good news — slides are back and better than ever. And thank god for that, because they are the comfiest shoes. I tried on these Steve Madden slides at Nordstrom and they are definitely on my list! They’re so cute on and look like the Gucci slides at a fraction of the cost.
- Topshop Booties. If you happened to see any of the SS17 fashion shows then you had to have noticed a trend: white booties! Personally, I am a huuuge fan of this trend and as soon as I found a pair online (these topshop booties) I had to have them. Watch out for them on the blog soon!
- Wayf Blouse. This blouse is part of the Nordstrom sale (which ends Aug. 6th) and it is absolutely gorgeous. If you’ve been following the blog for awhile, you know that I love button downs. I really love this version because the silky material looks so luxe, especially in that slate color.
- Topshop Blazer Dress. For the longest time, I’ve loved the look of blazer dresses. I think maybe because it is a dress that covers a lot, but still seems somewhat scandalous. Whatever the reason, it’s a look I love, but have never owned. Hopefully this Topshop dress makes its way into my closet soon.
- Topshop Corset Dress. Slowly, but surely, the corset trend is emerging. I have to admit, I instantly hated this trend. I thought corsets looked tacky and just gross. But, my mind was changed when I saw a pic of Kendall Jenner wearing a corset dress (or maybe just a corset over a dress?) in all white. While I’m still not a total advocate of this trend, I have to say that the combination of the corset (an edgy, sexy vibe) mixed with a delicate white just does it for me. Somehow this combination creates something entirely feminine and wearable.
- Topshop Kimono. Another trend I’ve never really gotten on board with is kimonos. However, I’m being swayed to the dark side with the newest take on kimonos — a sturdier, silky, mid-maxi length version. The sturdier material, as opposed to a light gauzy version you see in the summer, makes the look so much more luxurious. And the yellow color of the one above is perfect for late summer transitioning to fall.
- Lulus Skirt. Again if you’ve been following along, it’s no secret that I’m a skirt kind of gal. You’ve probably seen my denim skirts 5 million times on Instagram. I’m loving this skirt because of the fun grommet detail (in gold too!) that takes a simple black skirt from boring to something more.
That’s it for this week! And on a side note, this post was in no way sponsored by Topshop, I’m just really loving a lot of the brand’s clothes right now!