Hello lovely readers, welcome back! If this top seems familiar, then it’s because you may have seen my blog about it some time back in March. Buuuut… It’s been restocked at Nordstrom in not only this color, but black and white as well! When I last wrote about this top, I emphasized how perfect it is for transitioning between seasons. Right now I’m loving it because it still feels summery, but is made of a thicker material that makes it perfect for nighttime (and when it starts to cool off).
I paired the top with a denim skirt, as per usual. I chose my white mini because I think it complements the pastel color of the top, plus my regular blue denim skirt may have faded into the blue shirt.
From this outfit what I’m most excited about is my new Steve Madden slides! I’m absolutely obsessed with these because they look a lot like the Gucci slides, but cost $80 instead of $700. They’re incredibly comfortable, but if you get them definitely size up. I’m usually a 6 so I ordered them in 6.5, but honestly I think a 7 might have been better.
If you follow me on instagram you may have gotten the first look at my new haircut, as well as a closer version of the lipstick I’m wearing. I went to the MAC store and asked one of the women there to pick me out a light, nude color lipstick and I’m in love with what she picked! It’s definitely something you can wear everyday without feeling like you’re over doing it.
Thanks for reading and I hope you like this week’s post! Just as a heads up, my posting while abroad (the next four months) might be a little sporadic, but I’m hoping I’ll be able to post at least every other week if not every week.
Hi everyone, welcome back! I’m not sure if I’ve shared this yet or not, but my upcoming fall semester will be spent studying abroad in LONDON! While I’m not ready for summer to be over, I can’t wait until I’m in London either and that has me thinking about fall clothes. So, I thought I’d share with you some items that are inspiring my fall wardrobe:
- Steve Madden Slides. Good news â€” slides are back and better than ever. And thank god for that, because they are the comfiest shoes. I tried on these Steve Madden slides at Nordstrom and they are definitely on my list! They’re so cute on and look like the Gucci slides at a fraction of the cost.
- Topshop Booties. If you happened to see any of the SS17 fashion shows then you had to have noticed a trend: white booties! Personally, I am a huuuge fan of this trend and as soon as I found a pair online (these topshop booties) I had to have them. Watch out for them on the blog soon!
- Wayf Blouse. This blouse is part of the Nordstrom sale (which ends Aug. 6th) and it is absolutely gorgeous. If you’ve been following the blog for awhile, you know that I love button downs. I really love this version because the silky material looks so luxe, especially in that slate color.
- Topshop Blazer Dress. For the longest time, I’ve loved the look of blazer dresses. I think maybe because it is a dress that covers a lot, but still seems somewhat scandalous. Whatever the reason, it’s a look I love, but have never owned. Hopefully this Topshop dress makes its way into my closet soon.
- Topshop Corset Dress. Slowly, but surely, the corset trend is emerging. I have to admit, I instantly hated this trend. I thought corsets looked tacky and just gross. But, my mind was changed when I saw a pic of Kendall Jenner wearing a corset dress (or maybe just a corset over a dress?) in all white. While I’m still not a total advocate of this trend, I have to say that the combination of the corset (an edgy, sexy vibe) mixed with a delicate white just does it for me. Somehow this combination creates something entirely feminine and wearable.
- Topshop Kimono. Another trend I’ve never really gotten on board with is kimonos. However, I’m being swayed to the dark side with the newest take on kimonos â€” a sturdier, silky, mid-maxi length version. The sturdier material, as opposed to a light gauzy version you see in the summer, makes the look so much more luxurious. And the yellow color of the one above is perfect for late summer transitioning to fall.
- Lulus Skirt. Again if you’ve been following along, it’s no secret that I’m a skirt kind of gal. You’ve probably seen my denim skirts 5 million times on Instagram. I’m loving this skirt because of the fun grommet detail (in gold too!) that takes a simple black skirt from boring to something more.
That’s it for this week! And on a side note, this post was in no way sponsored by Topshop, I’m just really loving a lot of the brand’s clothes right now!
For those of you with 4th of July plans (unlike me), the hardest part is dressing for the event. You want to look patriotic, but still cute. So in preparation for the upcoming holiday, I decided to curate a few lovely pieces that are sure to work for any July 4th event!
- Urban Outfitters dress. (Check out my recent blog post ft. this dress!)
- SheIn dress.
- Madewell top.
- Lulu’s dress.
- Lulu’s dress.
- TopShop cami.
- Willow & Clay dress.
- Asos dress.
- Lulu’s dress.
For more 4th of July outfit inspo, check out Lulu’s.com. They have a whole section dedicated to July 4th fashion. That’s all for this week, stay tuned for more content next week!
Good morning readers! My sophomore year of college is finally over and I’m looking forward to a nice three-month break (aside from the online class I’m taking). And after the summer is over, I’ll be heading to LONDON to study abroad for the fall semester! If anyone has some suggestions on places to see/things to do/places to eat, let me know!
Today’s outfit post is one I actually just bought on Monday. Unfortunately the top and shorts aren’t on Nordstrom’s website yet, but as soon as they are, I will update this the links. But for your reference, the top is J.O.A. and the shorts are Leith, two brands you can never go wrong with.
I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it yet, but I am loooovingÂ everything yellow for the spring. A lot of times people shy away from wearing yellow, but I promise it is completely wearable. If you’re just testing the color out, I suggest going with a mustard yellow like my shorts â€“ it’s less harsh than a sunshine yellow.
I’m also in love with retro sunglasses. Think 60s style icons when you’re shopping for your next pair. The pair I got from Nordstrom are great because they’re so on trend, but only cost $12. BP at Nordstrom has a ton of trendy, but affordable pairs you have to check out.
To finish off the look, I decided to take last summer’s navy blue Kate Spade bagÂ out of storage. I think the blue really popped next to the yellow shorts and added to this summery look. I also added my new platform sandals from Topshop that I also bought on Monday. Shoes that are comfy, but still still give me a height boost are the holy grail, and this pair is them. I wore them all day and not once did my feet hurt.
Thanks for reading and come back next week for more content!
Hello all and welcome back! I think I’m going to switch my usual posting day from Monday to either Tuesday or Wednesday. But anyway, since today is the first day of February I thought I’d start off the month with some items I’m currently craving and talk about my fave trends for winter and spring.
- Topshop dress. How cute is this dress?! I don’t know why but I love the moth print. What I really love about this dress though is the sleeves. Statement sleeves have been HUGE this winter, and I don’t see them going away in the spring. I also love that although the print is kind of out there, the muted gray color keeps it from being over the top. And if you really like this dress, you can find the shirt version here.
- Topshop top. Topshop is killing the game right now. Again, more statement sleeves, but unlike what we saw over the summer, the sleeves are more streamlined than bulky for winter and spring. I also really like the subtle pleat of the shirt, which is another big trend right now.
- Asos shoes. Get ready to start seeing a TON of “v-neck” shoes. This pair is also great because it combines the white shoe trend and the revival of the slingback. I’ve always hated slingback shoes (they reminded me of elementary school), but the trend has beenÂ slowly growing on me.
- Lulus skirt. I mentioned before that pleats are so big right now, especially pleated skirts. I love the pleated midi skirts in a blush tone. I can already imagine pairing it with a cute cami and one of the pairs of shoes above. I also really like pleated mini skirts too, especially this oneÂ andÂ this one.
- Louise et cie flats. I am sooo obsessed with these flats. I really love all mules (flat, heeled, it doesn’t matter) so automatically these are a win. But I also really love the mauve/rosy color and the cool twist detail. It takes the flats from okay to WOW.
- Zara flats. Obviously I’m kinda into flats right now… These are nice because they still have a bit of heel, which gives it a untraditional loafer-type feel. Like the Louise et cie flats, these also have a cool twisty-bow detail that makes them anything but boring.
Hope you liked this post and stay tuned for the next one! I’m really leaning towards Tuesdays as my posting day based on my schedule for this semester. Also just a little update on my life: I didn’t mention this but I turned 20 in January (got to spend my birthday in Italy!), and I just joined a sorority (AOII) which I’m pretty excited about. Until next time!